Potato Cakes made with Breadcrumbs


Potato Cakes with a difference, usually they are heavy things - these aren't.

I love to cook recipes that make great use of leftovers and these Potato Cakes will appear often now, (even to the point of deliberately making too much mash to have enough extra left over).

So I had some mash which I'd previously mixed some coarse mustard in to left over, so in a bowl I combined it with a beaten egg, a cup full of breadcrumbs made from brown granary type bread that I had wizzed in the blender, half a cup of grated Cheddar, and some chives and seasoning. And mixed it up.

Using a large serving spoon I made 4 cakes or patties, as shown about 1 cm thick, and with a little oil, I gently fried them until brown on both sides. About five mins.

The result was delicious, a light Potato Cake not heavy like ones made with flower, I served them with Lentil Soup.