Spanish Chorizo, Potato and Green Pepper Stew

 


I did the, 'I wonder what this is' face as I freed a plastic container from it's friends from the freezer tonight. Fished out I couldn't figure out the forgotten frozen mass, I thawed it then heated it. Then ate a lovely soup (or stew) of Chorizo, potato and green pepper that I made a while ago. Fab to have a taste of Spain on such a cold, dark and sodden late Summer night (in August). 

I even found the pix...

So Lidl have a Spanish/German cured sausage/Chorizo stand. Buy some Spanish sausage. No Brit knows what to do with German ones. They'd have to go to Bavaria and wear lederhosen to find out, and since lederhosen looks a lot like what Morris men wear, it's unlikely.

So all you need is a an onion/shallots, some garlic, baby potatoes, a green pepper and half a teaspoon of Paprika. Okay maybe some seasoning and some herbs, like Bay. You can figure the rest of the cooking method.

The point is that this is so good (Chorizo loves spuds) and made to go far with nout it proves that Spanish 'lo pobre' cuisine isn't just poverty food with paprika.

27.08.24 Hawkshead, Cumbria.