The Sycamore Gap Spatula & more from Tim Foxhall's Spatularium at Haltwhistle

 

The Sycamore Gap Spatula & more from Tim Foxhall's Spatularium at Haltwhistle

Alas all that remains of the iconic tree that stood at Sycamore Gap is a depiction in the form of a caricature spatula pictured above. This essential stirring implement is made and designed by Tim Foxhall who produces iconic cooking utensils which include amongst many the 'The Spatula of Liberty', 'Count Spatula', The Spatulasuarus', 'The Cat of Matisse' and 'The Basting Shark'. Yes dear reader the world of spatulars has it's epicentre, at the 'Spatularium' at the centre of Britain, which is Haltwhistle, Northumbria. 

So a few years ago Tim gave me an edition of the 'Sycamore Gap' spatula, which I think was a short unusual run, and Sycamore Gap is but a short way from Halty. You may remember Kevin Costalot and Morgan Freeman standing beside the famous tree at the gap beneath Hadrian's (Roman wall) in the film 'Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves' 1991. 

Recently a moron with a chainsaw, bisected it.

To me this particular spatula was special so I kept 'Sycamore Gap' on display in my kitchen. Never has this spatula known fear, never has it had to utter, 'Oh no, not the soup!'

I enjoy using Foxhall's fab spatulas to cook with and they improve the look of many of my images on this blog, I'm pleased to admit to having a great collection of them and I've also given many away as they make great 'fun' gifts.

And I'm frequently asked where they come from - so for further info please visit https://www.timfoxall.com/


When washing up ensure your spatulari are distanced socially. 'Non bumptum broccoli prunus ad nonflictararum' in Latin. A FB post I made in April 2020