Migas

Do you like fried bread with yer full English? 

Are you no longer allowed?  Try this dish, you might get it passed fat club police.

Migas is breadcrumbs, sausage, bacon, peppers, paprika and garlic, originally from Andulucia, it's poverty food, but I've seen it on menu's in Rhonda at twenty five euros as a main . 'Migas, dwarling,' you say as you scran this splendid Spanish brekkie, 'Obvs', you say, 'This is healthy. Right yeh? Gotta be. Made with olive oil, this is. They live too like two hundred and ten. Spanish people do, in the mountains'. And then add, 'I wanna eat like Miguel,. That's well, And Miguel and his sons, and his dad, and grandad and great grandad, have Migas for breakfast, dear'. And under your breath mutter, 'they are shepherds though, and I sit behind a desk'.

Last night I made croutons for a soup and made extra for this, and having seen a lot of videos on you tube I think my version is closer to the Spanish original that I have never had made for me. English cooks on You Tube don't quite get it right, I think.

The essential is really dried out bread, not stale, and that is achieved in the oven. Drip some water over it.

So in quite a bit of olive oil, add peppers, cook for two minutes, remove.
Add garlic cook for two minutes, remove. 
Add bacon, cook for two minutes, remove.
Add sliced chorizo cook for two minutes, remove.

Into the oil add a teaspoon of paprika.

Throw in the bread and fry until it sticks, then unstick it and push around till golden, breaking up the bread. Add everything else back in, keep moving it around.

In a separate frying pan fry an egg.

This is a breakfast dish that will keep you going all day.