Turkish dish of mince with courgettes

 

It's a bit like making a small amount of bolognese with a large amount of courgettes I thought as I watched and listened to a Turkish lady explain in presumably Turkish on her cooking channel, I think I got tho, and I recommend, Easy Turkish Recipes on You Tube.

And yes it is a similar ragu to a bolognese sauce, but not as rich or tomatoey, this dish uses just a small amount of mince, an onion, a clove of garlic, tomato puree, a bit of passata, a teaspoon of sweet paprika and seasoning, that's it apart from a little water; just enough to cover. Simmer for fifteen minutes or so and then add two courgettes that are peeled and cut into chunks, simmer until the courgettes are cooked but not too soft, their liquid will add to the ragu. Serve with some feta and orzo pasta.

I really liked it, the courgettes flavour contributed to make delicate fresh sauce. I asked the gf what she thought, 'A bit insipid', she said, 'but I'd have it again'. 

I'll take that.