Dutch Leek Salad

 


Sometimes food evokes a memory, and this recipe I'd been looking for since some Dutch people fed us with it, along with other things please understand. It was on the occasion of my birthday, I think I was thirty five, an eventful evening, the then current gf took a huff and flounced off as I was talking to an attractive woman, I didn't run after her, and the Dutch people sprayed me with two bottles of cheap French fizzy wine. Great night, great fun at a campsite in the Vendee. 

But leek salad oh yes.

So it's in the method, chop your leeks finely and place them in a bowl and cover with boiling water, add some frozen peas and sweetcorn. Leave the lot to soak for fifteen minutes then drain and combine with mayonnaise - I add honey mustard, white wine vinegar, lemon juice and seasoning.