Cucumber side dish for Paprikash or just about anything..

 

I thought I haven't made paprikash for a while and complete with kabanos, creme fresh, caraway, and awesome bread they sell in the Polish supermarkets, oh and the awesome mustard with honey that they also sell, I made and put this awesome dish out.. See link here for 'lock down paprikash'.

So I hear you ask why post this post, it's already been done? Well reader 'cos apparently in Hungary they always serve it with the following side dish of cucumbers. 'Okay and?' You may question, well make it, I didn't know, but thank you 'You Tube', Hungary's dumpy version of 'Delia' (is that even possible?  It is believe me.) told me, and I think once you have tried it that you will not look at a cucumber in the same way again. Okay what I meant was that you'd think it's a side dish not a salad after thought, some of you have rude minds. Don't cha.

So peel a cucumber, and really finely slice it, pour over some white wine vinegar (I prefer rice vinegar always) add a teaspoon of sugar, a teaspoon of salt, add a couple of tablespoons of water, next in a garlic press squeeze a couple of cloves, mix well and chill for a bit. The cucumber mix not you, you can chill after the washing up is done, sorry 'bout that.