How to make Italian Cannelloni/Crespelle using tortilla wraps

 

How to make Italian Cannelloni/Crespelle using tortilla wraps

Crespelle are Tuscan pancakes that are stuffed and rolled and are an alternative to cannelloni pasta. Click here for previous recipe on this blog I have only made them a couple of times, but using wraps you get a very similar, 
very delicious and very much quicker result.

Here I have made a simple stuffing of cream cheese into which I have a beaten egg, lots of oregano and grated Parmesan. I steamed a bag of spinach and when it had cooled (squeeze liquid out of it) I chopped it up and mixed all together, the mixture seemed a little wet so I added some breadcrumbs.

Make a simple Italian Marinara tomato sauce, fried shallot, garlic, lots of fresh basil, passata, and if liked a few mushrooms.

Fill your wrap tubes, arrange in an oven dish cover with some marinara sauce and more Parmesan and bake covered with foil for twenty minutes then uncover for a further ten mins and serve with an Italian salad.

Just lovely hot or cold and so simple.